Confirmation: Assignment #1
There are many different kinds of confirmation programs. This program finds its distinctiveness in how it is divided into three main categories. The first category will focus on self-directed study: There will be core content studied as well as elective subjects. The second category will emphasize the development of a personal project: This project will reflect potential future work, employment, fields of study, or some form of community-based activity. The third category will stress the development of relationships: There will be opportunities to be mentored as well as an opportunity to mentor someone else.
There will be a total of 60 credits. Each assignment or task will be worth one credit. There will be 36 core credits and an additional 24 elective credits; 12 credits will be assigned to specific content, 12 credits will be assigned to the personal project and 12 credits will be assigned to developing relationships.
The core content will include study in the following areas:
1. Questions and introduction to confirmation
2. The Bible
5. Holy Spirit
7. Calling and gifts
8. The local church and church membership
9. Worship and prayer
12. The Christian life
The personal project will include 12 assignments and carry a total of 12 credits. Each person will submit an outline of the personal project including how they see this project helping them to integrate their faith.
The 24 elective credits will arise out of a discussion to encourage ownership of the overall confirmation program.
Your first assignment is as follows:
1. Identify a partner and explain this page to them. Explain what the confirmation program will be about.
2. Have them explain to you what the confirmation program is about.
3. Go to the worksheet and fill in the blanks. In the summary area write down questions about each subject listed above (minimum 300 words). Write as many questions as you can.
4. When finished, print off a copy for yourself and then submit the worksheet for consideration.
(PS: This assignment is worth one credit. Ask how you can get bonus credits for doing this assignment.)
Begin your first assignment by clicking here. If you have any questions please contact Carl at email@example.com